• Are you a qualified chartered accountant?
• Do you have a passion for supporting SMEs through the provision of expert business advice?
• Would you like to participate in an exciting new venture that will offer direct support to the SME customers of major energy companies?
If the answer to these questions is yes then we would like to hear from you.
The Charis SME Network will offer a range of support measures to the SME customers of energy companies.
The support will include a consultation session with a qualified accountant paid for by the energy companies themselves. Charis are currently recruiting a nationwide network of accountants to support this programme. To express an interest in joining the SME Network click on the link below.
Accountants joining the Charis SME Network will benefit from:
• Referrals of quality SME leads directly from participating energy companies
• A fixed consultation fee for every SME seen, paid for by their energy company
• Opportunity to upsell appropriate additional services following the initial consultation
• Positive PR from supporting local SMEs in need of financial assistance and advice
Participating energy companies will identify their SME customers who are in arrears on their energy accounts and will refer them to apply for support from the Charis SME Network. The SME customer will apply via a dedicated website that will capture information about their business and offer the opportunity to upload important documents such as accounts, business plans and cash flow forecasts. The SME will then choose a local participating accountant to arrange the consultation from the Charis SME Network. The information entered into the website along with any uploaded documents will be passed to their chosen accountant prior to the consultation.
The consultation serves two main purposes:
• To allow the SME to benefit from advice given by an independent business expert. We anticipate that in many cases this will represent the first time a qualified accountant has helped review their business.
• To elicit a professional opinion as to whether the SME would benefit from additional support funded by the energy company. This support could take the form of writing off all or part of their energy debt or access to free training.
Following the consultation the accountant will log on to the Charis SME Network website and complete a very short post consultation questionnaire. It is anticipated that the consultation will last no longer than one hour and the post consultation questionnaire less than five minutes.
The fixed fee payable to participating accountants is £125 +VAT per consultation
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified accountants who wish to participate in the Charis SME Network.
If you are shortlisted to become one of our accountant network partners, we will contact you with more detailed information about the programme including next steps.